At Tobii, we are passionate about creating an inclusive and welcoming environment that values and embraces diversity. Together, we will encourage and cultivate the unique voice of each Tobiian.Sanna Fridell, Head of Talent Acquisition and Employer Brand
Diversity and inclusion
We are passionate about creating an inclusive and welcoming environment that embraces diversity. Together, we encourage and cultivate the unique voice of each Tobiian.
Diversity matters at Tobii
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are a part of our company DNA — how we build our teams, cultivate our leaders, and in our daily interactions with each other and our customers. We all contribute to an environment where everyone can fulfill their potential.
Embracing differences make us better
At Tobii we believe that embracing diversity and inclusion is a critical part of creating a thriving, healthy, and equitable workplace.
Why diversity and inclusion matter to Tobii
- Bringing together people of various backgrounds can generate ideas and perspective that we may have never considered before.
- If you experience diversity in your everyday life, you will have regular exposure to people, cultures, traditions, and practices that are unlike your own. This will help with understanding and feeling empathy for people different than yourself.
- Hearing about another’s experience can shed light on a life different than your own and provide you with a new perspective.
- Promoting diversity is the first step to not just “tolerance,” but true acceptance.
- Diversity is colorful! We need new ideas, views, and practices to stimulate and inspire us, to show us the way others eat, celebrate, and love.
- In addition, on the business side, companies that have diverse teams are more successful than those that do not.
We educate about inclusivity
Today, our employees represent nationalities from over 50 different countries. We believe our differences strengthen us. We continuously work toward even representation among functions and managers. We have a global steering group in place with multiple local diversity and inclusion teams, and have assigned management and board level responsibility for diversity and inclusion initiatives. In addition, we also have a diversity and inclusion policy.
Tobii's diversity and inclusion activities
- Ally Skills workshops
- Bias-free recruitment training
- Mentorship programs
- LGBTQIA networks
- Storytelling sessions — stories from speakers to create awareness and understanding of the many aspects of D&I
- Manager and employee training
- Lunch and learn, book clubs — through discussion we learn about what makes us feel different from others and how we can support each other
- Internal newsletters and information about D&I on our intranet
What inclusion means to us
Here are some words from our employees:
"Inclusion to me means that everyone has the opportunity and possibility to participate and contribute in our common goal to create a world where all technology works in complete harmony with natural human behavior. Inclusion also means that everyone is seen and appreciated for their hard work and not for their appearance."
Johan, Mountain View
"One thing that comes to mind is that real inclusion doesn’t stop at inviting everyone to the party. True inclusion happens only when everyone feels that they belong there. I think “Belonging” is really going to be the next level of Inclusion.”
"Making sure that everybody who wants to be in the group, can be and feel included. Diversity helps us as people and a company to broaden our horizons. This leads to more creative solutions and a healthy and more successful business."
Léopoldine, Remote France
"For me, inclusion is considering everyone, and showing empathy. It’s seeing someone for their talent, personality and what they can contribute with, and looking beyond attributes and labels."
Maggie, Mountain View
"The Diversity and Inclusion thought-leader Andres Tapia once said that "diversity is the mix and inclusion is making the mix work." That is precisely what Inclusion means to me. Building on the belief that our society should be a beautiful mosaic rather than a homogeneous slate, Inclusion refers to actions that help shape the workplace culture. Inclusion serves to achieve real diversity and can be broken down into specific tasks evaluated by quantitative and qualitative measures."
"For me, inclusion means that everyone gets their voice heard and can have free speech."
"To me, I think inclusion in a company means that teams are well informed on all news, that our opinion matters, and that we can make a difference."
"Inclusion is a sense of belonging. Inclusive cultures make people feel respected, heard, and valued. When people feel valued, they function at full capacity and feel a part of the company’s mission and vision. Inclusion has to be an organizational effort, in which different groups or individuals having different backgrounds are culturally and socially accepted and welcomed, and equally treated."
"To me, diversity and inclusion are very simple: even though we are all different, we are all “the same”. I don’t think I can suggest anything more for Tobii to do, Tobii already does more than I would have ever suggested or imagined."
"Inclusion is treating everybody in the same way regardless of any differences that they might have. Simply it is equality."
"Inclusion to me means to listen and to have the curiosity to try to understand someone else’s perspective and learn from that. With many different perspectives we will get closer of understanding the reality."
Collaborate with us
We believe that information and material about diversity and inclusion should be shared with as many as possible. We are happy to discuss and share so feel free to reach out with questions, comments or tips at email@example.com